►How to do “the Social Media thing”June 30, 2012 - Author: Jenelle Taylor, CAI BAS
Did you catch yesterday’s inspirational post by Howard Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks?
You can read it here,
This is the call to action I think we all can emulate:
Join the national conversation with #INDIVISIBLE. Starting today, I invite you to share your view of America, and how we can all put citizenship over partisanship. On Instagram, post a photo of the America we all need to see. On Twitter, provide a link to an innovative idea. Blog about who’s making a difference in your community, or on YouTube, share how you made your American Dream come true. No matter where you post, if you use the tag #INDIVISIBLE, Starbucks will do our part to collect and amplify your voices.
It’s awesome, right?
This month, test a similar call to action for your brand, your mission, your nonprofit.
- Make your hashtag (#) clear and memorable
- Offer another reason to play with uber-popular photo app Instagram
- Ask for Tweets (and retweets)
- Invite blog mentions and links
- Call for YouTube shout outs, since ” 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute” according to 2012 statistics
Got a social media success story? Share a sentence below!