►A Soundbite that SizzlesJuly 10, 2012 - Author: Jenelle Taylor, CAI BAS
Earlier I wrote a post about an article I’d read explaining how to introduce yourself or your organization to someone new:
- Explain how you provide a solution to a problem.
- Tell a brief anecdote that illustrates why you choose to do this or how you’re exceptional.
- Invite your listener to engage further with you by asking an open-ended question.
- I work with… (describe your ideal client or recipient)
- Whose biggest problem is… (describe a major challenge that you solve for others)
- And who would like instead to have… (describe the ideal results your target client wants)
When I work with auctioneers in my BOOTCAMP classes, we spend time crafting this type of Elevator Speech.
“I work with established Live Auction fundraising galas in Florida whose biggest problem is choosing a fundraising-specific auctioneer, and who would like to have unlimited solutions a phone call away and guests so inspired they give unprecedented support.”
Learning to concisely state how you use your talents to serve others is a fundamental communication skill. Moreover, once you solidify this mission message, you can reinforce it by adding it to the About Us sections on your website, Facebook page, newsletters and Twitter account.
Want to reinforce your market advantage even more?
Tack on we’re the best for 3 reasons, and list 3 things only you or your organization can claim (awards, percent of market served, exclusive provider of, what is more/longer/better)
We’re the best for 3 reasons:
The only full-time, female fundraising auctioneer in Florida, certified Benefit Auctioneer Specialist by the National Auctioneers Association
The nation’s premier educator of auctioneers in fundraising, trainer for 35 classes of BOOTCAMP for Benefit Auctioneers
Every organization has the opportunity to receive comprehensive, year-round fundraising services at no out-of-pocket cost.
Now it’s your turn.
Who’s your IDEAL client or recipient for your services?
What’s the biggest problem they have that is solved by working with you?
What desirable results should they expect when working with you?
What 3 reasons make you a better choice, things your competitors cannot claim?